Why is it that, year after year, events are rated one of most effective B2B marketing tactics? The answer is simple: events are personal, they’re social, and they provide the opportunity for face-to-face engagement.
So what type of events are most effective? According to a report by SofwareAdvice (2014 B2B Demand Generation Benchmark), trade shows are both the most and best means of generating B2B leads.
Businesses that sell services, solutions and intangible products favour events for a variety of reasons:
- To build brand and positioning
- To appreciate clients with a view to building loyalty and advocacy
- By providing relevant and valuable content, to generate interest and leads, and demonstrate thought leadership
- To build relationships with buyers and influencers from prospective clients
- To strengthen and extend relationships with buyers and influencers of existing clients.
Our Events Expertise
The Market Expertise team has designed and executed thousands of events, both throughout our careers as corporate marketers, and as a B2B agency. Our experience includes:
- Boardroom briefings
- Roundtable discussions
- Seminars and workshops
- Conferences and roadshows
- Formal dinners
- Cocktail parties
- Money-can’t-buy experiences
- Gala events.
We understand the challenges, risks and opportunities common to B2B events, including:
- That in-person attendees represent only part of the opportunity, only some of the potential leads. In the digital age, audiences will engage with content in their own time, rendering it essential that the event is recorded and available in multiple formats and across all relevant channels.
- The opportunity to effectively use social media pre, during and post an event to engage with attendees, share information, amplify messages and broadcast updates to non-attendees.
- The challenge of ensuring the right data is being captured with integrity so that conversations and leads can be effectively and efficiently followed up after the event.
- The risk that an event might be planned in isolation, rather than integrated and aligned with the broader marketing strategy.
- The opportunity to use new techniques, creativity and technology to drive engagement and create a memorable experience.
If you want your next event to be remembered and talked about, connect with us.