By definition, Corporate Responsibility (Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Citizenship) refers to the responsibility that businesses have for their stakeholders (clients, suppliers, employees, communities…), and to society.
It is a means of motivating businesses to:
- Act consistently and ethically
- Voluntarily accept responsibility for their actions
- Reduce legal and business risk
- Self-regulate compliance with the law, ethical standards and domestic and international norms.
If doing the right thing is not sufficient motivation, there is a clear commercial incentive for embracing corporate responsibility: government contracts. Virtually every government tender now includes multiple, specific questions that fall under the CR umbrella. These might include questions about the tendering organisation’s:
- efforts to reduce its carbon footprint
- workforce composition (such as by gender or country of birth)
- pro bono activities, when applicable
- community involvement
- support of local business
- employment of disadvantaged workers, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Corporate Responsibility Expertise
Market Expertise is a values-based agency. We are passionate about equality, human rights and the environment. We’re also strong advocates for brands and businesses embracing their obligation to leave a positive, lasting legacy for future generations.
Market Expertise’s corporate responsibility services include:
- Auditing the business’ activities to gain a clear, holistic picture of its existing CR efforts.
- Surveying staff about their CR priorities, values and preferences.
- Assisting in the development of a Corporate Responsibility program and policy that is appropriate to the size, reach, industry and culture of the organisation.
- Helping businesses and their marketing teams to integrate corporate responsibility and marketing, including through strategic partnerships.
- Writing, creating and producing internal communications that motivate, engage and educate workers – be they on-site, off-site, geographically-dispersed, full- or part-time, contract or subcontract.
- Writing, creating and producing communications (blogs, web content, reports, newsletters) for external consumption.
- Incorporating corporate responsibility messages in business development efforts
- Responding to explicit questions about corporate responsibility in tenders.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on CR outcomes.
- Generating positive public and media relations outcomes for their corporate responsibility activities and commitment.
- Assisting businesses in setting measurable goals so they can report their return on investment.
- Developing stakeholder engagement strategies to ensure all parties are aware of and aligned with the organisation’s CR program and purpose.